Customer Service – Starting Wage $8/hr – Estimated 24-32 hrs/week
OPEN POSITION as of September 12, 2019. Please review the job requirements and duties listed below. If this is a good fit for you, then please apply!
NOTE: We expect a 3 month training period for anyone applying for this position. No previous experience necessary.
Serves customers by selling products and services, providing product and service information, receiving and processing incoming packages, and resolving product and service issues.
- Must be able to move a 40 lb box if needed and team lift up to 150 lbs.
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday from 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
- Willing to learn job duties as listed below.
- Professional and courteous when answering phones.
- Professional appearance – business casual attire, well groomed, etc.
- Provides accurate pricing information by asking appropriate questions.
- Able to read and follow detailed instructions.
- Able to prioritize job duties and handle multiple customers approaching the sales counter at the same time without getting overwhelmed.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Itemizes and totals purchases by recording prices, departments, taxable and nontaxable items; operating a cash register.
- Applies correct discounts to shipments as indicated by contracted business agreement.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers; making correct change for cash customers.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at end of work shift.
- Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Maintains checkout operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Perform closing procedures on a regular basis, including light cleaning – dusting, vacuuming, organizing, and straighten product displays.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Selects appropriate carrier based on package dimensions, weight, and delivery options and provide customer with viable options.
- Able to understand insurance requirements and package shipments according to specifications.
- Provide professional packing services including custom boxing and packing fragile items.
- Accurately interprets customer handwriting when creating a shipping label.
- Understands international addresses and is able to look up custom requirements for each country and product codes for commercial invoices. Accurately processes international shipments.
- Use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Publisher, Excel and Adobe Acrobat to access files, edit files, and print to printer correctly.
- Make copies and digital prints on business quality copy machine – change paper weights, sizes, color, finishing.
- Send domestic and international faxes for customers.
- Photo Printing on photo kiosk from customer files.
- Able to follow instructions on how to take passport photos properly and answer customer questions about processing for government submission.
Sales and Shipping Clerk – Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid customer service skills
- Quality focused
- Able to problem solve
- Good documentation skills
- Good listening skills especially with English as a second language customers
- Professional phone skills
- Able to resolve conflicts in a positive manner
- Able to analyze information
- Able to move quickly from one task to another
- Dependable – arrives on time and rarely has a schedule conflict
- Professional appearance and good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to measure items correctly and work with geometric shapes
- Good at keeping team members informed
- Basic safety knowledge and common sense